“Heart to Script” Class with Amy
Modalities: Mindfulness and Writing
Sunday, April 3rd + Sunday, April 10th from 6:30 PM -8:30 PM
Do you feel like you have a story to share but not sure how to get it from heart to paper? Join our resident playwright, Amy Uptgraft, over two Sundays in April for an online monologue writing class. You will be able to share your own military spouse story through Amy’s writing prompts and suggestions. There will be ample time to write during the class itself! Then, through discussion and editing, you will work to carve it into a piece to share by the end of class. Telling stories is an ancient art that started long before humans invented writing, and we cannot wait to be a part of telling yours!
During this 4-hour class over two Sundays, we’ll dive deep into writing to include:
- Exploring how to put your own spouse story to paper
- Narrowing down the pivotal moments in your story that mean the most
- Using a variety of writing prompts and styles to think of your story in new ways
What will you take with you when it’s all done?
- A short monologue that speaks to a profound moment in your own story
- Confidence in writing as an emotional release
- An invitation to continue to write with a group of prior participants
- Possibility of connecting with an actor to have your piece performed on camera
What you’ll need:
- 2 hours of uninterrupted time in a quiet space to focus on the process, connect with the group and Amy, and give the gift of words to yourself!
- Your favorite place to write- desk, comfy chair, porch swing
- Your favorite way to write- laptop, journal, paper pad and pens