“Welcome to Wellsilience™”
A Transition-Focused, Wellness+Resilience Workshop
led by Manda McVey
Saturday, May 27th from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. EST
What is the real meaning of resilience? …and how does it affect our ability to transition from season to season or place to place? If you want to know the answers to these questions while enjoying a morning of conversation, mindfulness, and connection while learning six simple steps to reframe and reclaim your wellness, register for “Welcome to Wellsilience™” on the form at the bottom of this page!
Join Spouse Master Resilience Trainer, Army Family Team Building Instructor, Holistic Nutrition Wellness Practitioner, Behaviour Change Specialist, Fitness Nutrition Educator, Yoga & Meditation Instructor, and Armed Forces Insurance’s 2022 Fort Polk Spouse of the Year Manda Lynn McVey for a Saturday session of learning transition tricks and about direct links between wellness and resilience!
What can you expect during the workshop?
- Open-floor discussion uncovering your biggest challenge when facing challenges & transitions whether they are PCS or season related
- Self-love guided meditation designed specifically to involve your senses and help you “check back in” to your body
- Worksheets and follow-up tools to design your own seasonal/PCS transition steps for a more well-balanced passage to the next phase
What will you take with you when it’s all done?
- An understanding of the direct relationship between wellness & resilience and how simple steps can be incorporated into everyday life increasing Wellsilience™
- An audio recording of the guided meditation for you to use any time you desire to check back in with yourself
- Tools for embracing and enjoying transitions to new places and seasons as well as the journey along the way
- The ability to grant yourself grace, no matter what life hands you!
What will you need?
- 2 hours of uninterrupted time in a quiet space to focus on the process, to connect with the group, Manda Lynn, and to learn how to walk in Wellsilience™!
- A journal, notebook, pens, pencils, markers, or anything else you can write with for notetaking and/or doodling
- Comfy clothes and a yoga mat (or other comfy thing to lay on) and any props, blankets, tools that will help you to get the most out of the guided meditation
- Your favorite place to find peace – comfy but with a good work surface, preferably!
What’s the connection between stress and resilience?
In this TED Talk below, Stanford University psychologist and leader in the growing field of “science-help,” Kelly McGonigal, translates academic research into practical strategies for health, happiness and personal success.
Quotes from Dr. McGonigal’s talk that tie to “Welcome to Wellsilience™”
- “Your stress response has a built-in mechanism for stress resilience, and that mechanism is human connection.”
- “Caring created resilience.”
- “Stress gives us access to our hearts.”
- “Chasing meaning is better for your health than trying to avoid discomfort.”
- “Go after whatever it is that creates meaning in your life, and then trust yourself to handle the stress that follows.”
- “When you choose to view your stress response as helpful, you create the biology of courage.”
Have questions? Reach out to us here!