“Journaling Joy” A Gratitude Workshop with Barbe and Lea
Saturday Morning, November 19th from 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. EST
What does is mean to actually practice gratitude? …and why is it so important, anyway? If you want to know the answers to these questions while enjoying a morning of mindfulness, art, writing, and connection, register for “Journaling Joy” on the form at the bottom of this page!
Join artist, teacher, and person-centered expressive art therapist, Barbe Tarantino, along with our own Executive Director, Lea Johnson, for a Saturday morning of creativity and gratitude! Statistically, people who keep gratitude journals are happier and more positive, and we can’t wait to watch those traits blossom in you, as we help you design a gratitude journal that reflects the uniqueness that is YOU!
What can you expect during the workshop?
- Discussion of gratitude journals and the importance of the practice
- Guided instructions for embellishing your own gratitude journal and prompts for writing
- Community-building with other participants
- Invitation to continue gratitude practice beyond the workshop
What will you take with you when it’s all done?
- An understanding of the direct relationship between mind/body/spirit health and the practice of gratitude
- A beautifully-crafted, personalized journal…created by you
- Tools for changing your perspective on daily experiences
- A path to JOY!
What will you need?
- 2 1/2 hours of uninterrupted time in a quiet space to focus on the process, to connect with the group, Barbe, and Lea, and to give the gift of gratitude to yourself!
- A journal or notebook with a plain cover (i.e. one that you can decorate)
- Art supplies for embellishing your journal:
- Pens, pencils, markers, magazines, cards, stickers, collage materials, colored paper, scissors, glue or gluesticks, gems, etc.
- Your favorite place to create – comfy but with a good work surface, preferably!
Need Convincing About the Importance of Gratitude Practice?
Check out these videos about the connection between the active practice of gratitude and leading a joyful life:
University of Minnesota Center for Spirituality & Healing with Dr. Brené Brown
Dr. Brené Brown on Oprah’s “SuperSoul Sunday”
Have questions? Reach out to us here!